We have a good and faithful history in Service to God, His local body and within our local community
In the fall 1947, Rev Wayland and Francis Woodall felt God's leading to pioneer an Assembly, but did not know where. In faithful obedience, they sold their home in Nixon and bought a small, one bedroom mobile home and moved to Lockhart. In December 1947, the Woodalls heard from Heaven and moved to Bastrop to do a special work for the Lord.
In Feburary 1948, with the help of Presbyter M.C. Rutherford (Pat Stubb's father) $500.00 was given by the Texas District Coucil to help establish the Church. On March 30, 1948 the original lot on Austin street (paert of our parking lot) was purchased from W.H. and Irene Sims. Since Camp Swift (an Army Camp) was being closed, Rev. Woodall led the new comgregation to buy a 25' X 60' barracks and the first building of the young congregation was readied for use.
On April 25, 1949, the property where the present santuary sits was purchased from Zeb Gray. The old parsonage (Annex I) was bought from Tom and Laverne Townsend October 28, 1952, and the present sanctuary was built in 1953. Morris Hendrix (Alma Azanow's first husband) helped build the floor, and Ben Gibson (Arlene's husband) helped install the curbing around the church corner. Annex 11 was purchased from Austin's Central Assembly in October 1991.
Over many decades several fine men and women have served this congragation in word and deed. We thank God for each of their contributions all of which help to make us the congregation we are today.
For more than two-decades to the present Reverend Phil Woods along with his wife Nancy have found serving the Lord and this congregation as Senior Pastor. They have demonstrated what is means to care for the flock of God. They are loved by the congregation, respected within the community and reflect the love of God in a most caring manner to everyone.